SEMO2012 Abstract Submission
Closed Friday 10th August
Abstracts for the 14th Biennial Scientific Meeting, 8th Educators’ Meeting in Optometry 2012 will be published in Clinical and Experimental Optometry in the first available issue after the meeting and will also be distributed at the meeting.
Authors should write their abstracts according to the guidelines below. Acceptance of the abstract in the program and assignment to a session will be determined by the Scientific Program Committee. A notice of acceptance and session assignment will be emailed to the submitting authors only. To enable session assignments to be provided in a timely manner, authors are encouraged to submit their abstracts as early as possible before the deadline of Friday 10th August.
Submitting authors should indicate their preference for oral or poster presentation. Every effort will be made to accommodate the requested preference.
- Title should be a maximum of 12 words and must clearly indicate the scope of the paper.
- First name, initials, family name and institution of the author(s). Email address of the first author or the corresponding author. If the first author is not the corresponding author, indicate the name of the corresponding author.
- Maximum 250 words, excluding the title and authors’ names and institution.
- All abstracts should be structured with the headings: Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions and should state the purpose, basic procedures, main findings and principal conclusions of the study.
- Abstracts must be based on original results that have not been published or presented prior to this meeting in September 2012.
- Abstracts should convey clear and useful information. Abstracts expressed in vague terms are not acceptable.
- Figures and tables will not be published.
- Five key words, for the purposes of indexing, should be supplied in alphabetical order.