From time to time, the Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences has staff vacancies. These vacancies will always be advertised on the University’s Careers @ Melbourne website and in a variety of other media.
Current Employment Opportunities
- Optometrists wanted! - Doctor of Optometry Internship Program 2014
- Clinical Mentors / Tutors for University of Melbourne Eyecare (UME)
Overview of the Department for propsective applicants.
The Department has a vigorous and expanding research program in vision sciences with particular emphasis on the research areas of:
- the biological foundations of ocular disease;
- ocular growth and refractive development; and
- visual neuroscience and visual neurophysiology.
Enquiries from researchers interested in either collaborating with or joining the Department are always welcome. Please contact Algis Vingrys, Head of Department.